Decryption's Discourse Installation & Hosting Service
Want to create an online community with Discourse but find the cost of Discourse's official hosting too high and you're not up for the technical challenges to self-host? Let me do it for you!
I've installed and maintain multiple self-hosted Discourse forums with high uptime and blazing fast speeds. Pay me to handle all the backend stuff while you focus on making your community shine.
What You Get
- A fully managed Discourse community for AUD $75/m inc GST (US$50/m).
- CDN-enabled for super fast load times worldwide.
- No limits on users or page views, generous bandwidth & storage limits.
- On-going maintenance with responsive and friendly support.
- Unlimited users
- Unlimited page views
- 1TB of file storage
- 1TB of bandwidth
- 10,000 monthly emails
- Any plugins you want
- Automated backups
What I Do
- Setup - create server, secure it, install Discourse.
- Configuration - ensure email works, CDN & object storage enabled.
- Install plugins - if there's specific plugins you'd like installed.
- Maintenance - daily backups plus regular updates to both the server and the forum software.
What I Don't Do
- Participation - I do not participate in the forum and do not moderate it.
- Customisation - I just set it up so you can do your thing. You need to set the forum rules, theme, etc.
- Development - custom made plugins or complex server modifications are out of my scope.
My name is Anthony and I do this as a side hustle and to help online communities grow outside the walled gardens of our big tech overlords. My day job is writing Austraila's best technology email newsletter - The Sizzle.
I have almost 20 years of experience babysitting computers and running online communities. You can find more information about me at decryption.net.au
Some forums I administer include the Australian Computer Museum Society and The Sizzle's private members only forum.
- What happens if I exceed the limits? If you manage to exceed them, your forum is likely insanely popular with thousands of daily users. If that happens we can discuss custom pricing. I won't cut you off!
- How do I pay? I send you an invoice each month that can be paid via bank transfer or credit card.
- How can I get in touch with you? Email is best (email@example.com), but you can also reach me on Telegram as @decryption. Paying customers get my phone number.
- Which services do you use? Hetzener Cloud for server hosting. Postmark for email. Bunny for CDN services. Backblaze for file storage. Tailscale for secure server access.